So…I have been doing the weekly meal planners now for over two years. I have LOVED trying new recipes and have had a lot of fun sharing my favorite recipes with each of you! Someone gave me the GREAT idea to ask each of you for your FAVORITE TRIED AND TRUE recipes! Each you probably have your family stand by/favorite recipes you love to cook. I would love it if you sent them my way (Shandra@dealstomeals.com). Thanks
Here is one of my NEW favorite cookie recipes that uses fresh cherries! They are soft and chewy–yum!!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup fresh cherries, chopped into small chunks and seeds removed
- 1 ½ c. chocolate chips (white or milk—or both!)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until well blended. Add vanilla and egg; beat well. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour and other dry ingredients. Beat just until combined. Fold in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or just until set. Remove from oven; cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- **If your first batch of cookies is too soft, add a little more flour—all cherries have a different amount of liquid.