If your children are like mine, they come home from school like raviging beasts (cute ones, I do have to say!). My kids seem to come home starving every day after school, and many mornings leave in such a hurry that they don’t eat a lot of breakfast.
These muffins are the answer for my children! They are hearty, healthy, and fill them up with something worthwhile, until dinner is done. Not to mention, they are a GREAT food storage recipe and can help use those long term grains in your storage–oats, wheat, and your flour.
- 1 1/2 c. flour (I used 1/2 wheat flour and 1/2 white flour)
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. applesauce
- 2 c. smashed bananas (about 2-3 bananas)
- 1 3/4 cup oats
- 1 pkg. chocolate chips (I used Hershey's Cinnamon Chips--they tasted great!!)
- Mix eggs, sugar, applesauce, bananas. Add everything else then chocolate chips.
- Put in muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. YOu will probably want to double these--they are gone before you know it!