I first have to apologize that this picture does not do this cake justice. We were at our condo in California when I took this picture and the lighting was horrible. However…the cake is still divine, despite the bad picture!
I am sure all of you already have this cake recipe, but just in case someone out there doesn’t, here it is. If you love chocolate and caramel together, this is the cake for you!!
- 1 box devil food cake (made to package directions)
- 1 container/jar caramel (I like the Mrs. Richardson caramel in a glass jar but any brand will do--you can also make your own caramel and that is also good)
- 1 (16oz.) carton Cool Whip or real whipping cream (whipped into stiff peaks)
- 1 c. chopped up Heath or Skor candy bar or Toffee Bits
- Make cake as package directs. As soon as the chocolate cake comes out of the oven, poke holes all over the top of the cake with a fork or a knife. Pour the jar of caramel sauce all over the top of the cake and into the holes. Let the cake cool on the counter or in the fridge. When cake is cool, spread the carton of Cool Whip on top of the cake. Sprinkle the toffee bits or candy bar chunks over the top of the cake. Keep cake in the refrigerator until ready to serve.