Here is to kicking off preparing for the holiday week early. I would like to introduce you to a new family favorite recipe…Cinnamon Butter. I don’t know about you, but warm rolls and something delicious to put on top of them is a family favorite at our house. And seriously, who doesn’t indulge in butter during the holidays? We all do, so just admit it. My children refer to this yummy butter as “frosting” and I agree with them! So when something is so simple and so delicious it must be shared with everyone.
- 1 Cup butter, softened (not melted)
- 1/3 Cup sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup (or 1 T. honey)
- 1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons cinnamon (I liked it with extra!)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- Mix all ingredients together on high speed until light and fluffy. Serve on our wheat bread, french bread or our delicious rolls.
- *You can make this several days in advance, simply stir the butter together again because some of the condensed milk does begin to separate. I have made this several times and I have substituted the corn syrup with honey and it gave it a little different flavor, more like honey butter than the full cinnamon flavor. I found I needed to add even more cinnamon to get that flavor back. Honestly, both ways were delicious. I have also sprinkled some nutmeg and it tasted great too! Really, once it's light and fluffy feel free to add anything you'd like!!! (Well, within reason!)