My husband and I love seafood! We were craving the All You Can Eat coconut shrimp and pina colada sauce at Red Lobster. Unfortunately, our entertainment budget was depleted for the month so we made our own at home, it was tasty, easy and cheaper! I will definitely do this again before I spend $50 at Red Lobster.
Copycat Red Lobster Coconut Shrimp
- 24 large shrimp 15/20 or 26/30 ct. per lb., peeld and deviened (precooked or raw)
- 1/2 c. cornstarch
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
- 5 egg whites
- 2 c. sweetened shredded coconut
- Oil, for frying
Pina Colada sauce
- 1/2 c. sour cream, add more if you like it more thick
- 1/2 c. crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 c. pineapple juice, reserved from the can of crushed pineapple
- 3-4 T. white sugar
- 1/4 c. shredded coconut
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Coconut Shrimp: Place the cornstarch, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper in a bowl and combine well. Place the egg whites in a bowl and whisk until foamy and well blended. Place the coconut in it's own bowl. Dip the shrimp into the cornstarch, then into the egg whites and lastly into the coconut. Press firmly on the shrimp and coconut so it sticks well. Preheat the oil in a fryer or a wok at 350 degrees. Place only 5-6 shrimp at a time in the fryer to avoid dropping the temperature of the oil. Fry the shrimp for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Let rest on a paper towel or an iron rack. Dip in Pina Colada Sauce and serve with ham fried rice. Yum!
- Sauce: Mix all of the ingredients into a bolw and refrigerate until ready to serve with shrimp.
Deals to Meals https://www.dealstomealsblog.com/