The past few weeks we have been trying to encourage summer to come by trying to hold several outdoor barbeques. For some reason, every time we try and barbeque it either rains or snows. Utah is known for it’s crazy and cold weather, but I feel like enough is enough. If you are lucky enough to live somewhere warm and you are getting good use of your patio and outdoor grill, feel fortunate 😉 I am excited to share this VERY simple recipe with you. This pasta salad screams summer to me–light, zesty, fresh vegetables from the garden, and easy to make on those busy nights. My mom has been making this recipe my entire life, so to me it is a home-grown favorite. This recipe makes quite a bit, so it is great to take somewhere with a big crowd, or you may want to half the recipe if it is for a family of 4-6. Enjoy!
- 1 3/4 lbs. spaghetti noodles, broken in half
- 1/3 c. green bell peppers, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 c. red onion, diced
- 1/4 c. black olives, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 pkg. dry Italian Dressing mix
- 16 oz. bottle Italian Salad Dressing
- Cook the noodles until tender, rinse and cool in a large bowl. Cut up the vegetables and add to the noodles. Sprinkle the pasta with the Italian Seasoning Mix and pour 1/2 of the Italian dressing over the noodles. Mix to combine. Refrigerate the salad until ready to serve (this salad can even stay in the fridge overnight). When you are ready to serve the salad, pour the rest of the dressing on the noodles, mix and serve.