I posted this recipe last summer during the Fourth of July, but can’t help but post it again this month in honor of our ‘pasta’ month. This pasta salad visits our kitchen table nearly every month–and even more during the summer. It is a MUST at all of our family barbecues and has so much flavor and texture it is plain fun to eat! One of the keys to making this salad fabulous is the heavily seasoned chicken with lemon pepper. It sounds weird, because there is not lemon in the dressing or any other part of the recipe, but having that extra tang and seasoning on the chicken makes this salad incredibly good! Looking at these pictures I think the next time I make this recipe I will try adding red bell pepper. Bell peppers are common ingredients in Asian cooking and I think this salad would be even prettier with a little more color. What do you think?
I hope you enjoy this salad as much as our family does! This and the Sesame Noodles I posted about yesterday are hands down my two favorite pasta salad dishes on the planet! Hope you have a great time at your Memorial Day BBQ’s. Any of the pasta dishes we have posted this month would be a perfect side dish for your picnics or parties this weekend! (Now..if we could only have nice weather 🙂
- 1 small pkg spinach
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg bowtie pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
- 2-4 T. sesame seeds, sprinkle on top of salad
- 1/2 c. sunflower seeds
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 T. lemon pepper
- 1 c. bean sprouts
- 1/3 c. oil
- 1/3-1/2 c. sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. sesame seeds
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. rice vinegar
- 1/2 t. sesame seed oil
- 1 t. fresh garlic, minced
- Season the chicken heavily with lemon pepper and saute until cooked through (or grill). Cut the chicken into cubes. Cook noodles and drain. Add chicken, sprouts, seeds, and spinach to noodles. Combine dressing ingredients into a bowl. Add dressing to salad, and cover until ready to serve.
- Dressing: whisk together all of the ingredients and pour over the salad.