You might be wondering what makes these sugar cookies different than the million other recipes out there. Well, it’s the butter flavoring in the frosting and a super soft cookie dough. YUM. I can’t believe I’m still craving them after I have made 4 dozen cookies.
Last night we spent time together as a family making them for our friends and family. Beware your kids will love you if you decide to make these with them and they won’t be able to keep their hands off of them!
Happy Valentines Day! This is one special way today you can share your LOVE for those around you. It’s impossible to not bring a smile to those around you!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5-6 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 sticks butter (softened)
- 1 ½ tsp. butter flavoring
- 3-4 Tbs. milk/cream
- 1 1/2-2 lb. powdered sugar
- Cookies: Cream together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs, vanilla & sour cream. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the wet mixture. Add just enough flour to handle without being too sticky when rolled. (Too little of flour will make cookies flat.) Roll cookie dough on lightly floured counter till 1/4" thick. Bake 7-8 minutes @ 400 degrees. Cookies should appear pale white with no brown edges. Do not over cook or the cookie will be crunchy instead of soft. Makes about 4 dozen.
- Frosting: In a mixing bowl and with an electric beater, cream the butter until it is light and fluffy. The longer you beat the butter the butter will start to turn white in color. When this happens, add the butter flavoring, milk/cream and then powdered sugar one cup at a time. Add a dash of salt.
- Frost the cookies once they have cooled and the frosting is finished. Top with sprinkles as desired.