One of my favorite things to do in the summer is to go to a park and have dinner, play volleyball or kick soccer, and let the kids run and play until the sun goes down. There is something I love about sitting in a camp chair, visiting with family & friends, and enjoying the warm weather that I desperately miss a few months from now. Aren’t summer nights the best?!
Although school went back to school this week (crazy!!), I am excited for a few more weeks of warm nights and parks on the weekends. Besides the traditional Club sandwiches we like to bring to the park, these BLT wraps have quickly become a new favorite. The nice thing about these wraps is they can be eaten warm or cold. It is easy to prepare, throw in a cooler and have on hand for a quick weeknight dinner when you want to go out and enjoy the beautiful warm weather. Use our frozen grilled chicken trick to make this meal come together in just minutes!
*Money and time saving tip: when bacon is on sale I bring it home and cook up a few pounds and then freeze it for later meals (like these wraps) when I need crispy bacon in recipes. My favorite way to cook bacon is on a cookie sheet that has been lined with tinfoil and baked at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until crispy and brown. Once the bacon is crispy, remove from the oven, place on a paper towel to drain and then put in ziploc freezer bags until ready to eat. Surprisingly when you thaw out the bacon for salads or other recipes, it is still crispy and delicious. Much less expensive than purchasing the pre-cooked bacon, but just as convenient!
- 4 cup cooked and cubed chicken (grilled is great)
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 3 stalks green onions, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2/3 cup ranch dressing (use a good quality dressing or homemade--homemade is best 😉
- 2/3 cup favorite bbq sauce (I like sweet baby rays)
- 6-8 flour tortillas, warmed slightly
- Lettuce leaves, for the inside of the tortilla
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a bowl and mix until everything is moist and covered in bbq sauce and ranch dressing. When ready to serve, place about 1/3-1/2 c. of the mixture into the center of the tortilla, top with a lettuce leaf and roll up and serve. These are great warm or cold.