This time of year there are few things better than peppermint. I love peppermint ice cream, peppermint candy canes, peppermint chocolate mousse, peppermint brownies, etc. Well, do I have a fun & different treat for you! These Peppermint Crispy Squares are such a fun twist on the traditional rice crispy treats. If you have not had the Hershey’s Peppermint Kisses you need to hurry into your local grocery store and stock up! They are SO delicious and have this super fun crunchy peppermint center that melts in your mouth. Combine those Hershey kisses with some white chocolate, butter and marshmallow and you have a fun & different holiday treat your whole family will love!
- 1 stick butter
- 15 chocolate peppermint kisses + 10 additional for the topping
- 1 16 oz. bag peppermint marshmallows, or regular marshmallows with peppermint extract and red food coloring
- 1 16 oz. bag regular mini marshmallows
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 8-9 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips or almond bark
- In a large pan melt the butter, 15 peppermint kisses and the two bags of marshmallows. Cook on low heat until it all softens and comes together. Remove from heat and add the vanilla. Stir in rice cereal and combine until all of the cereal is covered in the marshmallow mixture. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and pour the mixture into the pan. Spread out evenly to fill all edges. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate for 20 second intervals, stirring each time until it is soft and melted. Do not over cook in the microwave. Drizzle over the top of the peppermint rice krispies. Crush the extra 10 peppermint kisses and place on the top of the bars. Cool until firm and able to cut into squares.