If it weren’t for the men in my family I really would have had no idea that the Superbowl is this Sunday. I am not a huge NFL football fan, I tend to stick to local college football games and that’s as far as I get. However, I am totally in for a chance to get together with family and enjoy yummy food! I don’t even know who’s playing, but I do know I will be making this popcorn again. This Cinnamon Crunch Popcorn was so crunchy, sweet and had a great cinnamon, chocolate combination. If you want a new, fun popcorn to eat while you watch the big game this weekend, this popcorn is for you!!
- 1 1/2 stick butter
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Dash salt
- 16 oz. Kraft Cinnabun Marshmallows, Gingermallows or regular marshmallows (if you use regular marshmallows, just add 1-2 tsp. cinnamon)
- 12 cup popped popcorn
- Add the butter, white chocolate chips, brown sugar in a sauce pan and cook on medium heat until the butter, chocolate chips and brown sugar melts and dissolves (about 5-8 minutes). Once it is soft, add the marshmallows, vanilla and salt.
- Let the ingredients warm until the marshmallows are soft and melted. Pop the popcorn and set aside in a bowl (removing any uncooked kernels). Pour the mixture over the popcorn.
- You can eat the popcorn right away with the soft marshmallow mixture on it, or you can bake it to make it crunchy and hard. For crunchy popcorn, preheat the oven to 275 and place the popcorn on a greased cookie sheet. Place the popcorn in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes (removing and stirring half way through), or until the popcorn seems cooked and a little hard (don't over cook or the popcorn will burn). Serve warm or let cool until extra crunchy.
Here are a few of our other favorite appetizer ideas to tempt your pallet for the upcoming celebrations: