- 6 whole red, orange or yellow bell peppers
- 2 Tbs. pine nuts (optional)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 whole medium onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup fresh basil (garnish)
- Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Fresh parmesan, shredded
- 12-16 oz. pasta (Orecchiette, Penne, Fusilli, Etc.)
- Grilled chicken (if desired), diced
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Core the bell peppers and place them on a sprayed cookie sheet. Roast red peppers in oven on broil until chard black (rotate 1/2 way through to get both sides black). Then, place the peppers in a Ziploc bag to allow them to sweat. Remove them from the bag and peel the charred skins from the peppers, then remove seeds. Set aside.
- (Optional) Lightly toast pine nuts in a skillet on low heat. Set aside. If you are choosing to have chicken with your pasta, season the chicken and grill (or bake) until cooked through and then slice into long pieces.
- Puree peppers with pine nuts in a food processor (or mash). Set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a skillet or pot over medium heat, drizzle in olive oil. Add diced onions and garlic and cook until soft. Pour in pepper puree and stir together. Add plenty of salt and pepper.
- Pour in cream and stir to combine. Taste and add more salt and cream, if necessary. Add cooked pasta, and then stir together.
- Place pasta into a bowl, top with chopped parsley, fresh basil, grilled chicken and plenty of Parmesan cheese.
Deals to Meals https://www.dealstomealsblog.com/