I love popcorn pretty much any time of day. I love to make caramel popcorn, cinnamon crunch popcorn, buttered popcorn or just eat it plain for a healthy, low calorie snack. However, I do have to say this marshmallow popcorn however is definitely one of my favorite ways to eat popcorn. It is soft, chewy, sweet and a little salty. We love to make this recipe all different times of the year and add extra items to give this popcorn a fun holiday twist. For Valentines we love to add cinnamon bears cut up, jelly hearts and/or Valentine’s M&M’s. The color’s are really cute and also make a fun treat to give to school teachers, friends, neighbors, etc. I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
- 1 cup uncooked popcorn – pop in air popper
- 2/3 bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Candies of choice
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Pop the popcorn kernels. Remove all un-popped kernels from the bottom of the bowl. Mix the mini marshmallows in with the popped popcorn. In a medium saucepan melt the sugar, corn syrup and butter. Melt the ingredients in saucepan until it begins to boil. The second you see it beginning to boil start a timer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Have marshmallow popcorn divided into two bowls. Begin by pouring 1/3 of the hot caramel to the top of the popcorn. Stir together. Add more dry popcorn from second bowl to the wet popcorn. Pour more sauce and repeat process. Add the remaining ingredients until it is all combined. Stir
- gently. You don’t need to have all the marshmallows melted. It’s tasty with chunks of marshmallow. Also delicious to add peanuts, cashews, M&M’s, cinnamon bears, cinnamon jelly hearts, or
- any other festive treat for Valentines Day or Halloween (candy corns).
Deals to Meals https://www.dealstomealsblog.com/