After returning home from our vacation in California my sister was super sweet and made us this most amazingly delicious dinner of Green Curry Chicken. My sister-in-laws sister lived in Thailand for a couple years and made us while on vacation some of her favorite Thai dishes. She makes a mean ham fried rice!! It is pretty close to traditional ham fried rice other than she puts a lot of cilantro and lime in hers. She also adds fish sauce which gives it all a fun, fresh flavor. Besides her amazing Ham Fried Rice, she makes a green curry that is out of this world!! It is SO simple to make and yet is full of flavor, vegetables and everything yummy!!
After returning home we knew we had to try and re-create her curry. Diana did an excellent job with her version and then I had to make it again the next night, and then (you’ll think I’m crazy), AGAIN the next day. We seriously ate this dish for three nights straight! I even had leftovers for breakfast one day and then for lunch the next. I think I have finally hit my limit, but I will be making this dish again on a regular basis in the future. There is nothing fancy about the recipe which is nice. Once you have bottled green curry paste (you can find that in your local grocery store in the Asian isle) and fish sauce you are set. Fish sauce might be something knew for you to buy, but once you have it though, you will want to throw a few shakes into all of your favorite Asian dishes. It has a delicious salty flavor that can’t be replaced. Add the tender chicken, the fresh vegetables and the aromatic jasmin rice and it’s no wonder I ate this meal for three days! This recipe is a ten in my Asian book!!
Green Curry Chicken over Rice
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin long strips
- 1/2 cup carrots, cut length wise and thin
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cored and cut into thin (or square) pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded, cored and cut into thin (or square) pieces
- 1/2 onion, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup cilantro (garnish)
- 1- 1 1/2 cans coconut milk (we like ours saucy, so we added almost 2 cans)
- 2 Tbs. green curry paste
- 1-2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. fish sauce
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- Dash of cayenne (or more if you like spice)
- Salt and pepper to taste (careful with the salt..you won't need a lot because fish sauce is salty)
- 4 cup cooked Jasmin rice
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Cut and prepare the vegetables and chicken. In a large saute pan (or wok), place a little olive oil and bring to medium heat. Add the chicken and saute until mostly cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside. Add all of the vegetables with a little more olive oil (if needed) and saute until they just begin to soften. Add the coconut milk, curry paste, brown sugar, fish sauce and soy sauce. Saute with the vegetables for a few minutes and then add the chicken back to the pan. Continue to simmer on low heat until the chicken is cooked through and the flavors come together. Season the sauce to your liking with more pepper, cayenne or salt (or more sugar if you like your curry sweeter). Serve over warm, cooked Jasmin Rice.
Deals to Meals https://www.dealstomealsblog.com/
*It doesn’t look like there is a lot of sauce, but we must have drank all of that up before the picture. The sauce is a pretty, light green color and if you use 1 1/2 cans of coconut milk there is plenty to soak your rice in. The fresh cilantro on top makes for a pretty garnish and a beautiful, and overall healthy dish. Enjoy!