It is fun as we have blogged over the years to see what posts are more popular than others. I have to admit I have been a little surprised that our French Bread recipe has been the most popular post on our blog. There is nothing cute about the pictures and the recipe is pretty basic (maybe that’s why it’s so popular ;). However, it seems to be one of our readers favorite recipes. If you haven’t tried our French Bread recipe, give it a try! It makes the most perfect, light, airy and soft bread. The great thing about this recipe is you can form the loaves any way you need. Into hoagie buns, hot dog buns, hamburger buns or little mini loaves that I did (above) awhile ago. The kids love to have their own little loaf. Serve these little loaves (or rolls) with this Raspberry Butter and who needs dessert! This raspberry butter is so creamy, sweet and delicious on any sort of bread, you are sure to love it!
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam (or 1/3 c. fresh raspberries)
- 1/4-1/2 cup powdered sugar (enough so the butter is thick, but not too thick)
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest (optional)
- Dash of salt
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese until smooth in a bowl with an electric mixer. Add the reamining ingredients and serve over your favorite bread or toast. Keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.