It’s almost Memorial Day weekend and hopefully all of you are getting ready to plan your exciting events for the week. If you are like us, it usually is nothing too crazy, but always involves lots of family, barbecues and late nights. With the husband I have, we will be guaranteed to eat at least a few packages of Nathan’s Franks, and I for one, will be heading straight to the salads at the barbecue. I could pass on a hot dog, but the salads is where I get carried away. If you are bored with ‘traditional’ barbecue salads, this week I have three new recipes that will wow your family and friends!
Here is the first, and my favorite new salad. This Tex-Mex Coleslaw is totally amazing! I love coleslaw anyway, but this version is so unique it will put a whole new twist on a traditional coleslaw. This salad is a little crunchy, spicy, creamy, sweet from the corn, and all together delicious. You won’t know how great this salad is until you give it a try! It was so good I have had it several times in the last couple weeks. In fact, it is so great I could eat is as a light meal in the summer. You could even throw some shredded chicken in this salad and make a complete meal. I hope you enjoy this salad as much as I do!
*If you need any of the ingredients for this salad, or anything else for your upcoming parties there are GREAT deals this week. You can save BIG, so login to our website to find all of the best deals in your area 😉
- 1 bag coleslaw mix (or green & red cabbage sliced thin with carrots cut thin)
- 1 c. frozen corn, thawed
- 2 T. red onion, minced
- 2 small jalapenos, minced (seeds removed)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 c. colby/jack shredded cheese
- 1/2 c. cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 c. ranch dressing (good quality)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 T. cumin
- 2-3 T. salsa
- Prepare all of the coleslaw ingredients and place in a large bowl. For the dressing, mix all together and then pour over the coleslaw and toss until completely coated with dressing. Serve immediately.