Probably the number one dinner time quick-fix in our family is sandwiches. I love a fancy sandwich and could eat them nearly every night for dinner. I’m not talking about a pb & j sandwich here–I could live my whole life and never have another one of those 😉 I’m talking about a sandwich with flavor..grown-up flavor.
Like a a Monte Cristo, Cuban Pork Sandwiches, a Chicken Reuben, Southwestern Chicken Sandwiches, the Ultimate BLT, Turkey Avocado Club, or these Turkey Pesto Panini’s. Sandwiches are not just for lunch. If you are in a hurry and need a quick dinner idea, try serving these turkey panini’s. They might sound fancy, but they couldn’t be more simple. The roasted red pepper and the pesto mayo is what makes these sandwiches unique and out of this world good 😉 Hope you are enjoying the last few weeks of summer!
- Turkey Pesto Paninis with Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 lb. good quality turkey lunchmeat (or use cooked and shredded turkey)--I love Costco's turkey lunchmeat
- 1 jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 8 oz. pkg. sliced Swiss or Provolone cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 loaf hearty white bread or rolls
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup pesto (I love Costco's pesto and keep it in my freezer at all times 😉
- In a bowl, combine the mayo and pesto. Season with salt and pepper if needed.On both sides of a piece of bread, spread a generous amount of the pesto/mayo. Place a few pieces of turkey, slices of roasted pepper, avocado and top with the cheese. Place the top piece of bread on the sandwich and butter both sides of the bread with butter. Place in a panini grill or on a hot pan or griddle. Cook until both sides of the sandwich are browned and the cheese is melted. Serve warm.