If you thought that Gingerbread Butter was good, try spreading it over homemade Gingerbread Waffles. Add a little whipping cream, bananas and a dash of nutmeg and you have a breakfast your whole family will go crazy over!! Great for this upcoming Thanksgiving weekend with guests and family over for breakfast or brunch. Remember, if you are doing a little shopping this weekend for your holiday dinners, don’t go without checking out all of the deals on our website. You can save $100’s this week by knowing what items to buy (and not buy). There are hundreds of amazing, great deals to stock up on and save you money this holiday season. Have fun shopping, cooking or doing whatever you get to do this weekend 😉
*By the way..Ellen had her baby boy on Wednesday! He is adorable and totally yummy! Pictures will be coming soon. My sister Diana also had a new baby the day after Ellen weighing the exact same amount and size. With another good friend having a baby the day before Ellen–we have had lots of baby fun this week. Glad they were born just in time so these ladies can enjoy a delicious Thanksgiving meal in their own home. Congrats Ellen, Diana & Tiffany! Your babies are adorable 🙂
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbls. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 6 Tbls. butter, melted
- 3-4 cups white flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbls. baking powder
- 6 eggs, separated and egg whites whipped until peaks form
- Serve with syrup, gingerbread butter, bananas and/or whipped cream.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, molasses, sugar, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger powder until smooth. Melt the butter and add to the bowl. Add the flour, one cup at a time, whisk until the batter is smooth. Add the baking powder and stir. Set aside the batter.
- With an electric mixer, in a separate bowl, separate the eggs by putting the egg yolks into the batter and the egg whites put in the bowl. With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Fold the egg yolks into the batter and then fold in the egg whites.
- Serve the waffle with syrup, gingerbread butter, bananas and/or whipped cream.