My sister and niece recently came to visit me from the east coast and we had so much fun! My sister loves key lime pie so I decided to make her a key lime cheesecake during her visit. This recipe is a mixture of some of my favorite recipes and it came together beautifully. Even thought the visit was much shorter than I would have liked, we managed to squeeze in some fun activities. I think the highlight of the visit was watching my extremely patient husband try to teach 2 adults and 3 children how to ski in less than an hour! Excuse the not so great picture of this delicious cheesecake, it was a miracle that there was one last slice left! There are few things I enjoy more than hanging out in my kitchen cooking and baking while my family creates long lasting memories around my kitchen island, I hope you enjoy this recipe as it will always remind me of that wonderful weekend.
Triple Layer Key Lime Cheesecake
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp key lime juice
- 1 tsp grated lime peel
- 2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 8 oz packages of softened cream cheese
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 1 tbsp finely grated key lime peel
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat oven to 350
- wrap the bottoms and sides of a 9 inch spring form pan with foil. spray the inside with cooking spray and set aside.
- Make lime curd by stirring all the curd ingredients over medium heat until they begin to boil. Boil for one minute then take off heat and let cool to room temperature. If you want to be really particular you can strain the curd to remove any clumps. I have some serious issues with the white stringy thingy attached to egg yolks so I strain them out, but most people are not as crazy as me:)
- Prepare the crust by mixing the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and salt and then moistening it with the melted butter. Press into the bottom of prepared spring form and up the sides a bit and then bake for 5 minutes to set. Set aside until filling is ready.
- For the filling, beat sugar and cream cheese until smooth. add eggs one at a time then add lime juice and peel until completely combined. To assemble, carefully spread lime curd on the graham cracker crust. Carefully spread the cream cheese mixture over the curd careful not to mix the two. Place the foil covered spring form pan into a large baking pan and pour enough hot water in the baking pan to come up the sides of the pan one inch. This is called a water bath and will ensure that your cheesecake does not crack when baked. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until center is set and the center only wobbles slightly when shaken.
- While cake is baking mix together the topping ingredients. When the cake is done, remove from the oven carefully spoon the topping over the top and return it to the oven for 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
Deals to Meals https://www.dealstomealsblog.com/
|My husband with our two daughters Reina and Marley. My niece Latorya and her adorable daughter Tatiana and my sister Winnie.|
|Tatiana really excited about the Purple Sparkly Birthday Cake I made for her!|