Happy Memorial Day! I hope you are having a wonderful day with family & friends. It is a beautiful day here in Utah with bright blue sky, warm temperatures, flags flying on every corner and it sure makes you realize how much we have to be grateful for. I am so thankful for all the men and women who fight for the freedoms we enjoy. We are so blessed to live in this country.
This post is probably coming too late for any bbq this evening, but the next time you have an opportunity for a side salad, this is the one you need to make. Or…if you have leftover corn on the cob from a dinner tonight, this is the perfect way to use up your extras. This salad has every component you will love, a little spice from the jalapeño, sweet corn, creamy avocado and crunchy bacon. Coat the entire salad in a creamy lime dressing and you have a combination that is out of this world!! It is definitely my new found favorite side salad for summer. Hope you give it a try 😉
- 8-10 cobs of corn, husks removed, boiled and kernels cut off the cob
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 stocks green onions, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp. salt (plus a little more if needed)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Cook the corn and cut the kernels from the cob. Place the cut corn into a large bowl. Cook the bacon until crispy. Crumble bacon and add to the corn. Cut the avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, pepper and green onions and add to the salad. Stir until combined. In a separate bowl, mix together the dressing and then pour over the corn salad. Toss to coat. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.