I’m sorry if you have heard enough about the Lemon Pesto Chicken Marinade I posted a few weeks ago, but I just can’t enough! This marinade is so easy and is completely versatile. It was amazing just grilled and served with a side dish, it was also great in this Lemon Pesto Chicken Pasta recipe and was even better in these Pesto Chicken Panini’s. They are full of flavor, nice and cheesy and a complete meal with your vegetables, meat and bread all rolled into one. Super simple for summer and the perfect excuse to hang out by your grill a little longer. Thanks for reading and I hope you are having a wonderful summer!
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, marinated with pesto marinade, grilled and cut in half horizontally so it is more thin
- 1 jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and patted dry
- Pesto mayo (1 cup mayo and 1/4 cup pesto)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Ciabatta buns
- 6-8 slices havarti or provolone cheese
- In a bowl, combine the mayo and pesto. Drain and pat dry the red bell peppers. Grill the chicken and cut the breasts in half so they are more thin. Spread a generous amount of mayo on both sides of a ciabatta bun. Place one slice of cheese on both sides of the buns. Add plenty of spinach, a red pepper and chicken breast on the buns. Close the sandwich and press on a hot panini grill until melted through. Serve warm.