I know pork chops are not necessarily a traditional Thanksgiving dish, but cooked up with these baked apples with butter and cinnamon, the whole combination screamed fall and the holiday season. Not only was this dish easy to make, but I thought the finished platter was so pretty. I am not one to make my food look all gourmet and fancy but when I placed this dish on the dinning room table my kids and hubby were totally impressed. This would be a perfect dish to serve company, especially this time of year when all of these ingredients are on sale.
I used Ellen’s recipe for Caramel Apple Pork Chops (only difference was I added a sliced onion for more flavor) and then I came up with a simple recipe for Roasted Sweet and Red Potatoes to serve with it. I have to say these potatoes were as big of a hit as the pork chops. The sweet and salty combination was loved by my whole family and would really be an inexpensive and simple side dish for most meals. Hope you enjoy these recipes 😉
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes or yams
- 5-7 medium sized red potatoes
- 1/2 stick butter or 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 Tbls. Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Scrub the potatoes and yams really well until the peels are clean. Dice the potatoes into one inch cubes and place on a cookie sheet. Melt the butter (or use olive oil) and drizzle over the potatoes. Toss the potatoes into the butter. Season with the Montreal Steak Seasoning. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes and then serve. Season with more salt and pepper if needed.