Hey, good to be back! What a wonderful Christmas that was. I hope each of you had a delightful week as well with family and friends. I can’t believe it is almost the year 2015. Where has this year gone? I can hardly wait for next year. We are busily working on our new website and design and it is looking awesome! I will give you a sneak preview soon, but for now, just hang in there for a few more weeks until our big launch 🙂 I can’t wait! Deals to Meals is going to take on a whole new look and functionality soon. Yippee!
I am sure many of you are planning for a New Years Eve party this week and so I am so excited to share with you some of my favorite appetizer recipes. I will start with this Jalapeno Cheese Ball which I know you will love. I enjoy a good cheeseball, but this one is better than any you’ve ever had. Sometimes cheese balls leave you wanting more flavor and texture. Well, add the jalapeno peppers and garlic to my favorite basic-cheese ball recipe and it takes it over the top! I brought this cheese ball to two family events and it was gobbled up in just a few minutes. The added kick of the jalapeno gives this appetizer a creamy, spicy flair that you won’t be able to stop eating 😉 I can’t wait for you to try it! Check back everyday for more of my favorite appetizer recipes 😉 Yum!
- 2.5 (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 cups shredded cheese
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbls. jalapeno juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Crushed almonds or other nuts (optional)
- Crackers or vegetables for serving
- In a mixing bowl and with an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and continue to beat together until smooth. Place a large square of saran wrap on the counter. Crush the nuts and put in a thin layer on the saran wrap. With a spatula, scrape out the cheese ball mixture onto the center of the saran wrap. Reaching under neath the saran wrap, carefully press the nuts into the cream cheese as you form the mixture into a ball. Place the cheese ball onto a plate and serve with crackers or vegetables.