What is there not to love about little homemade, hamburger sliders? Of all the things I love to eat, these are definitely in my top handful of favorite recipes. There is something about a salty burger topped with lots of delicious toppings that is so yummy! I am a huge fan of ground turkey too, which makes these sliders not quite as guilt ridden as they could be. I even love to serve these sliders bun-less and wrap them in a lettuce leaf. You still get all of the amazing flavor with a few less calories. No matter how you serve them, these sliders are fantastic and would be great served this weekend at any of your game-day parties 😉 Enjoy!
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 2-3 tsp. Montreal Seasoning
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 large white onion, diced small
- Small rolls (I used leftovers of our Garlic Ranch Cheddar Rolls)
- 8 slices pepperjack cheese (or cheddar cheese)
- 1 red onion, sliced thin and grilled
- Fresh cilantro
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, seasonings, egg whites and chopped onion. Mix together until everything is combined. Heat a flat griddle to medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray or spread a thin layer of butter on the griddle. Form the turkey mixture into 10-12 patties and place on the griddle. Cook the turkey burgers on med-high heat until the bottom side of the turkey gets golden brown. Flip the burgers to the other side and cook on the other side for several minutes until the centers of the burgers are cooked through. Push the burgers to the side of the griddle to keep heating while you grill the red onions. Place the sliced red onions on the griddle and cook until browned. When ready to serve the burgers, put a generous amount of the guacamole on the bottom bun. Place the pepperjack cheese on top of the burger and place the burger on the bun. Top with the grilled onions and fresh cilantro. Serve the sliders immediately.
*For a no-carb option, serve the turkey in lettuce pieces.