There are few recipes I could be more excited about sharing with you than this Raspberry Angel Food Cake Trifle. It is UNREAL delicious and gorgeous to boot! It is a special occasion dessert for sure. It’s not that this recipe is hard to make, it just takes some time to arrange and the ingredients aren’t always on sale. This week with Mother’s Day however, the raspberries, pudding and whipping cream are all on sale here in Utah. It’s the perfect weekend to make such a beautiful and amazing dessert. Your family will never forget this Mother’s Day if this dessert graces your table. I made this a year ago and still dream of it months later! I can’t wait until I get to eat it again this weekend. I can hardly wait!!! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend and get to celebrate your amazing Mother’s and the women in your life 😉
- 2 boxes Angel Food Cake made to package directions, cooled and cut into 1 inch cubes (or you can buy 3 brick/rectangular store bought Angel Food Cake
- 3 (6 oz.) packages fresh raspberries
- 1-2 cups raspberry jam
- 1 large box Cooked Vanilla Pudding, made to package directions (or use instant if you're in a hurry)
- 16 oz. whipping cream, whipped and powdered sugar added for sweetness
- Make the angel food cakes as directed on the box (or to save time, use store bought). When the cake is cooled, cut into one inch cubes and set aside. Make the cooked pudding (or instant) and set aside to cool until ready to assemble the trifle. Lightly rinse the raspberries and pick out any with imperfections. Whip the whipping cream in a large bowl and add a little powdered sugar to your desired sweetness. Keep the whipped cream in the fridge until ready to assemble.
- When ready to assemble the trifle, spread a layer of the cubed angel food cake in the bottom of the bowl. Spread over the cake a layer of pudding and then whipping cream. Drizzle over the top layer of raspberry jam. Sprinkle on top of that a layer of fresh raspberries. Continue this layering process until the trifle is filled to the top. Cover the top of the trifle with more whipping cream and garnish with more fresh raspberries and raspberry jam if you wish. Keep the trifle in the fridge until ready to serve.