I hope you are having a great summer! It’s going too fast, isn’t it? I apologize for being m.i.a. on the blog scene this summer. We are having too much fun playing and I am finding cooking around here has become very simple and easy. I wanted to share a summer friendly recipe that my family all loves. This is a recipe one I love to pack and bring to a park, to sporting events and a good one to wrap for times you need a grab and go meal. Not to mention, it’s Thai food which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! The peanut sauce also freezes great, so when I make it, I usually double the recipe and then keep containers of it in my freezer to help with dinner prep in the future. This is a simple, fresh recipe that’s perfect for summer–no oven needed 😉 Enjoy!
- 1 pkg. flour tortillas
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and seasoned with plenty of yellow curry powder
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, chopped
- 2 stalks green onions, sliced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, sliced thin (optional)
- 1 recipe Thai Peanut Sauce
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker until tender and then let cool slightly. Saute or grill the chicken and then season with salt, pepper and lots of yellow curry powder (about 1-2 Tablespoons). Cut the chicken into cubes and set aside. Slice the purple cabbage, green onions and bell pepper. Make the peanut sauce as directed on the recipe and then assemble the wraps with the tortilla, rice, chicken, veggies and then top with the sauce.