Thank you to all who entered our giveaway. It is now closed and we are excited to announce that ‘cbott’ and Nicole! Congratulations to all of you and thank you for taking the time to enter. Watch for future giveaways and ways you can enter to win. Have a great weekend!
Now, that you’ve entered for this awesome giveaway, I’m excited to share one of my favorite recipes from our cookbook. This recipe is a little more ‘dump-and-go’ than I generally like to cook but it has enough ‘flair’ added to it, that I’ve given it my stamp of approval. It’s a traditional recipe for creamy chicken over rice, just kicked up a notch with some fresh lemon and herbs. The lemon in this dish bring the dish to life and adds a lot of great flavor and spunk. This recipe is fantastic on those days you know you won’t be home much to put dinner together. Just throw it all in the crock pot, cook some pasta or rice a few minutes before serving and you are ready to go! This dish is even great over mashed potatoes–whatever you have lying around. No matter how you serve it, you are going to love this recipe! For more of our tried-and-true slow cooker recipes, make sure and download our newest ebook 81 Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes to get more delicious recipes like this one.
Also, login to Deals to Meals to see all of the best grocery deals in your area. All of the ingredients for this recipe cost under $10 and fed our family of 7 with some leftovers for me for lunch today 😉 Yippee!
- 4-5 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 1 dry Italian Seasoning Mix Packet
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Cooked rice
- Place the chicken into a crock pot. In a microwave safe bowl, place the chicken soup, cream cheese and butter. Microwave for 60 seconds or until it’s soft and then stir until combined. Pour this mixture over the chicken breasts. Sprinkle with the Seasoning packet, zest and juice of lemon, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Cook the chicken on low heat for 5-7 hours, or until the chicken is tender and soft (or high heat for 3-4 hours). Once the chicken is cooked, juice an additional lemon over the chicken mixture and stir to combine. Shred the chicken into large pieces and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve over cooked rice.