I’m so excited to share this week’s Flash Back Friday with you. For those who have followed our blog for a few years now may remember this recipe for these heavenly Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls. If you are new to the idea of squash in cinnamon rolls, I promise this recipe will change your mind forever! The soft, flavorful dough wrapped around layers of cinnamon, brown sugar and butter is almost too much to handle. Top that all with a warm, caramel frosting and I can hardly wait to sink my teeth into these things. I made two large trays of these rolls for our bake sale and was SO sad when there was only half of one left. I guess that means I will be making another batch this weekend–and that’s okay 🙂 Have a wonderful weekend!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 can evaporated milk, warmed
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 Tbs. cinnamon
- Dash of clove
- 2 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/2 Tbs. yeast
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 8-9 cups flour
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. cinnamon
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/3-1/2 cup milk or half and half
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the can of evaporated milk to medium heat (warm to the touch). In a large bowl add the warmed milk, sugar and yeast together and let sit for 5 minutes. Add the pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, eggs and flour. Knead or mix until dough is smooth (about 5-7 minutes). Dough should be slightly sticky but manageable for rolling out on the counter (if it is too soft add a little more flour). Let the dough rise for 30-45 minutes until the dough comes to the top of the rim of the bowl (this will happen more quickly in a warm area of your home). Once dough has risen, take out of the bowl and place on an oiled counter top. Cut the dough into two, even pieces. Roll one of the dough balls into a large rectangular shape until dough is around 1/4 inch thick. Melt the butter in a bowl. Drizzle half of the butter all over the dough and spread to all corners evenly. Sprinkle half of the brown sugar over the butter. Sprinkle with a tablespoon of cinnamon. Roll cinnamon roll dough rectangle, into a tight roll. Cut the long roll into 16, 1 1/2 inch pieces. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Continue to do this process again for the second dough ball/batch.
- Turn oven to 170 degrees and place the cookie sheets of cinnamon rolls into the oven to rise. Once rolls are doubled in size, turn oven to 350 (without opening the oven door) and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until rolls are lightly golden brown. While the rolls are baking, make the caramel frosting.
- Caramel Frosting: In a medium sized saucepan, heat butter until melted. Stir in brown sugar and milk. Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes, or until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and confectioners' sugar. Beat with electric mixer until well blended. If necessary, add more confectioners' sugar for desired consistency.
- Drizzle the caramel frosting over the warm cinnamon rolls once they are cooked and out of the oven.
Deals to Meals https://www.dealstomealsblog.com/