How was your weekend? I hope all of you had a great game day weekend. We didn’t watch the Super Bowl, but we had a great time being together and eating lots of good food 😉 Happy for all of you Bronco fans though, it sounded like it was a great game!
Now that the Super Bowl is over, I guess that means we can move onto Valentines Day, right? I love Valentines Day. We are usually in California over Valentines Day, but this year we are home. This is the one holiday we don’t have lots of family traditions for. Shocker, I know! Do any of you have any favorite traditions you could share with me? As long as I go on a date with my hubby, I’m a happy lady! I would love your ideas though to make this day a little more special for our clan 😉
In the mean time, I’ve been dreaming up some of the treats I want to make this week. There are so many yummy valentines day treats. What is Valentines Day without homemade sugar cookies? Or, Chocolate Cherry Brownies. How about some Peppermint Oreo Popcorn for a snack? Or Cherry Chip Fruit Dip? Continue to read this post to get my favorite, Double Chocolate Bundt Cake recipe as well as this recipe for the Peppermint Oreo Popcorn. Yum!!
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1 3oz. instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup hot fudge topping (like Hershey's or Smuckers)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Dash of salt
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- Crushed peppermints (optional) or other topping
- In a bowl, add the cake mix, chocolate pudding mix and whisk together. Add the eggs, hot duge sauce, water, oil and vanilla to the mix. Whisk together until smooth. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan excessively with non stick cooking spray. Pour the cake mix into the pan evenly around the bundt pan. Place the cake in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center of the cake is cooked through. When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and let rest on the counter for 3-5 minutes. Use a knife and to around the outside of the bundt pan to loosen the cake from the sides. Place a large plate on top of the bundt pan and turn the cake onto the plate. Let the cake rest while you make the frosting.
- For the frosting: In a mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth with an electric mixer. Add the vanilla, salt and powdered sugar and blend until smooth. You may need a teaspoon or so of milk, but wait until the sugar is incorporated before you add that. Continue to whip frosting until peaks form and it is light and fluffy. Place the frosting in a gallon Ziploc bag and cut off the corner of one side of the bag. Squeeze the frosting out of the edge of the bag and drizzle back and forth on top of the cake. Sprinkle with any toppings you would like, or leave the frosting/cake plain.
- 2 microwave bags of natural or healthy popcorn, popped
- 1 cup white chocolate almond bark (or high quality white chocolate chips)
- 1-2 cups crushed Oreo cookies
- Peppermint Candies, crushed
- Pop the popcorn as package directs. Place the white almond bark into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until the chocolate melts. Stir the chocolate onto the popped popcorn. Add the crushed Oreo candies and the crushed peppermint to the popcorn. Continue to stir until combined. Serve warm or cold.