I am super excited to share this recipe with you today. Not only because it’s delicious, but because it is one of the easiest recipes on our blog. Who doesn’t love easy? I know I do! This dish is one of my favorite recipes from our Slow Cooker Ebook, (you can still pick up a copy by the way). The best part about this recipe is the mushroom gravy. It is so deliciously creamy and served with the tender, shredded chicken over rice or pasta-bon appetite! If you have a busy night one of these days, this is the recipe for you! Hope you enjoy 🙂
*Hey, check out Deals to Meals because there are some killer deals on chicken this week. Get boneless skinless chicken here in Utah for as low as $1.39-$1.69/lb. It’s the perfect time to stock up!
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 (8 oz.) mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 Tbs. butter
- 3-4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pkg. Lipton onion soup mix
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon
- 1 cup half and half
- Parsley, garnish
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken breasts. Place the chicken in the bottom of a crock pot. Slice the mushrooms and the onions and place over the chicken. Sprinkle the onion soup mix over the chicken and vegetables. Add the chicken bouillon and some salt and pepper. Put the lid on the crock pot and let the chicken cook on low heat for 4-6 hours, or until fork tender. When the chicken is cooked, carefully remove the chicken breasts from the pot without shredding the chicken as best you can. Place the chicken onto a serving platter. Remove all of the juice and mushrooms from the pan and add 1/4 cup water, butter and 2 Tbs. cornstarch. Whisk together. Bring the mixture to a boil, add then add the half and half. Continue to whisk while bringing the mixture to a boil, until it starts to thicken. If the mixture gets too thick, add a little more half and half or water. Pour the mushroom sauce over the top of the chicken and garnish with fresh, chopped parsley. Serve over cooked noodles or mashed potatoes.