Hey, it’s a new week here at Deals to Meals and we have all of the new grocery deals uploaded on our website, along with some delicious recipes your family is going to love! I wanted to highlight a recipe from our meal planner this week to help wet your appetite for some simple, homemade recipes you can make from all of the ingredients on sale this week.
In nearly every state, boneless pork chops are on sale for some great prices. Here in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado, they are as low as $1.69/lb. at your local Albertsons grocery store, as well as at many other stores. This is a great price and almost a dollar less per pound than Costco. I bought my pork chops at Sprout’s this past weekend for only $1.59/lb. I bought several packages and put them in my freezer for meals throughout the month. I decided to marinade the chops in a simple, yet flavorful marinade infused with lemon, rosemary, garlic, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard. The combination left these pork chops tender and juicy. They were delicious!! My son grilled up these pork chops in just a few minutes and I served them with one of my favorite side dishes: Potato Piperade. Since all of the peppers, potatoes, pork and onions were on sale this meal came in MUCH less than $10 for our family of 7. Can’t beat that, can you? 🙂 Hope you love it!
- 5-6 boneless pork chops
- 1 zest and juice of lemon
- 2 Tbs. rosemary, rinsed and cut small
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbs. olive oil or canola oil
- Place all of the marinade ingredients into
- a gallon Ziploc bag (or bowl) and add the pork chops. Place the container in the fridge for several hours or overnight. When ready to grill, remove the pork from the marinade and place on a hot grill. Cook on both sides until the center is no longer pink (time will differ depending on the thickness of your pork). Discard marinade and serve pork chops when hot.