On our meal planner this week on Deals to Meals you will see one of my favorite summer salad recipes. We had this last week and we couldn’t get enough! We were literally licking the bowl clean. I love everything about the combination of this salad–salty, crispy bacon, bed of crisp lettuce greens, grilled chicken smothered in barbecue sauce, crunchy croutons, shredded cheese and drizzled with a cool, ranch dressing. Man, my mouth is watering just thinking about it! This salad is like a BLT in a salad–only kicked up a notch. I can’t wait for you to try this salad recipe this summer. You are going to love it!
Not to mention, every ingredient for this salad is on sale this week. There are great deals this week on chicken, bacon, tomatoes, lettuce, salad dressing, eggs, cheese, etc. Make this meal for well under $10 by logging into Deals to Meals and checking out the best grocery deals in your area.
- ½ c. ranch dressing (good quality)
- 1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped (or use grape tomatoes)
- 2 stalks green onions, sliced
- 1 cup croutons
- 3 boneless, chicken breasts, grilled, seasoned and diced
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs, boiled and sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Grill the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the grill and cut into cubes. Place the chicken in a bowl and cover with barbecue sauce. Set aside. Prepare the salad by cutting the lettuce and placing in a bowl. Dice the tomatoes, green onions and also place on the bowl. Boil some water and add the eggs. Boil for 7-10 minutes and then let cool. Once the eggs are cool, peel them and then slice them to add to the salad. Cook the bacon until crisp and then place on a paper towel to let the grease drain. Once the bacon is cool, crumble and add to the salad. Add the shredded cheese and croutons to the salad, along with the chicken. Drizzle the entire salad with the ranch dressing and then serve.
- HEALTHIER OPTION: Omit bacon and use light ranch dressing.