On the second pizza we topped the crust with Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, added grilled chicken, green onions, diced bell peppers, chopped cilantro and lots of mozzarella cheese. This Thai pizza was a hit and the sweet and spicy flavor was unforgettable. My mouth is still watering thinking about these pizzas. If you want to have a fun, family activity, whip up a batch of homemade pizza dough and have fun playing with new toppings and flavors. Hope you have a great weekend! Enjoy 😉
*Btw, there are TONS of great deals on produce and meat this week, so login to Deals to Meals to find where to get your pizza toppings at the best price.
- 1 recipe pizza dough (or you can use those flat pita breads from Costco for a super simple method)
- Follow this link to find out how to grill the pizza dough. If you don't want grilled pizza, just cook on a baking stone and they will still be fabulous!
- Grilled and chopped chicken (seasoned with salt and pepper), about 3-4 chicken breasts
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 stalks green onions, sliced
- 2-3 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c. crumbled blue cheese
- Franks' hot sauce
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing (I like ranch best)
- In a bowl, combine a cup or two of ranch dressing. Add the crumbled blue cheese to the dressing and mix. Once the pizza dough has been grilled slightly on one side, flip and then add the blue cheese/ranch sauce on the pizza. Add the chopped chicken all over the pizza and then cover with some mozzarella cheese. On the top of the cheese add the sliced tomatoes and the green onions. Crumble an extra amount of blue cheese on top (optional) and drizzle the top of the pizza with Frank's hot sauce (to your liking--I like a lot :). Continue cooking the pizza until the cheese melts and gets golden brown. If you are in a hurry, I have been known at times to pop my pizza in the broiler for a minute to get the top a little more crispy. Serve pizza hot off the grill for best results.
- HEALTHIER OPTION: Serve on a whole wheat pita or pizza crust.