It’s Wednesday and that means I get to share with you one of our recipes from our Deals to Meals meal planner. Most of our recipes we try and make so you can feed your family for well under $10 (for a family of 6-7). This chicken marinade is no exception. We made this chicken when we were out of town last week and it was super simple to put together. The chicken was so flavorful, tender and made a delicious and healthy meal for our family. Great for any barbecues or quick meals.
Chicken and Kraft dressing are both on sale this week. Serve this chicken with a Smothered Sweet Potato and a side salad and you’ll have a meal that’s inexpensive and will be a favorite marinade this upcoming summer. Login to Deals to Meals to get all of the best grocery deals in your area and enjoy more great recipes from this week’s meal planner.
- 5-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Kraft Sundried Tomato Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbs. parsley, chopped
- Trim the chicken of the excess chicken fat. If you want the chicken to cook faster, and to be more flavorful, cut the chicken in half horizontally into two thinner pieces. Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag or large tupperware and add the marinade ingredients. Mix the chicken around into the marinade and keep in the fridge until ready to grill.
- When ready to grill, heat the outdoor grill to medium high heat. Once it's heated, remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the grill. Let the chicken cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the bottoms are nice and golden brown. Brush the top with the leftover marinade and then turn them over to continue to cook on the second side. Brush the tops of this underside with the rest of the mariade and continue to cook until the center of the chicken is no longer pink. This time frame will vary depending on how thick your chicken breasts are.
- When chicken is done, place on a plate and drizzle with the remaining salad dressing leftovers. Garnish with the fresh, chopped parsley