There are few recipes I would consider addicting, but this popcorn definitely goes in that category! The first time I had this popcorn was on New Year’s Eve last year and I have had it nearly every month since. This is our families go-to snack lately and can hardly get enough. It’s a little salty, super tart and sweet on every kernel. The slight crunch from the lemon heads, along with the tangy lemon oil and zest, make for the perfect combination. I can’t wait for you to try this recipe! Make this for a weekend game night, a bridal or baby shower, give as a gift, or just make up any old excuse for this delightful treat. Hope you enjoy!
- 8-16 cups of popped popcorn
- 5-6 squares of almond bark white chocolate
- 2 boxes (theater size) lemon heads, crushed
- 1 Tbs. lemon oil
- Zest of one lemon (optional)
- Dash salt
- Pop the popcorn kernels in an electric popper. Pop the popcorn into a large bowl. Remove any of the kernels that didn't pop and discard them.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate on low temperature (at 50% power). Stir after 30 seconds. If the bark isn't completely melted, then continue to microwave for another 30 seconds. Continue to do this until the almond bark is completely melted. once the almond bark is melted, add the tablespoon of lemon oil to the bark and stir. If you like extra tangy popcorn, you can zest a lemon and add to the almond bark. Mix together and immediately poor over the popcorn.
- Crush the lemon heads and then add them as you fold in the chocolate with the popcorn. Mix all of the lemonheads, chocolate and popcorn together and toss in the bowl. Sprinkle a little salt on the popcorn if you like sweet and salty flavors together (or just leave out). Let the popcorn cool before you serve.
It’s not too late to take advantage of our one-time LOWEST price on a membership to Deals to Meals. It will make your life happy, just like this popcorn will! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Also, only ONE More day to enter to win our latest giveaway for a Thrive Intro Pack as well as a Food Storage Made Easy Book (Value $125). Head on over and enter to win.