Since I was a child, one of my family’s traditions has been to watch an old fashioned Disney movie Sunday night. There are many weeks we don’t have the time, but there are some nights I love to snuggle with my kids, pop some popcorn and enjoy a relaxing night watching a favorite Church or Disney movie. We have recently been loving our membership to Living Scriptures where we have access to all of their educational and entertaining movies and films. My kids have been loving them on the weekend and it’s nice to have a little peace and quite every now and then 😉 Remember, their membership is only $5 for the first month and $10 a month after that. It really has been a great and uplifting product every family would love.
Not only is it great to spend time with family, but who doesn’t love a batch of caramel popcorn along with some snuggles? On most nights I don’t have time make my favorite Caramel Crunch Popcorn. It’s a little more time intensive. However, I do love my recipe for Gooey Caramel Popcorn I’ve been using for years now. It’s the perfect snack for a weekend movie night. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 large bowl popped popcorn (about 1 1/2 cup popcorn kernels popped)
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a large sauce pan, add the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup and bring to a low boil. Stir occasionally until the butter and sugar begin to melt and the mixture is smooth. Increase the heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Once the mixture is boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. The mixture should turn a darker color.
- Remove from heat and add the sweetened condensed milk, salt, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth. Pour over the popcorn and stir to evenly coat the popcorn.
- The caramel popcorn is best served immediately, but you can also store it in an airtight container for up to several days.