Looking for a super simple summer pasta recipe? This recipe uses some of my favorite things I try to always have on hand in my pantry and freezer. I posted about the Balsamic Glaze that is simply made from balsamic vinegar and sugar with a few spices (it is so yum!). Make that up ahead of time and have it ready to drizzle over this pasta recipe.
Once you have that made, the rest of this recipe comes together in less than 15 minutes. Three things I always have in my freezer is boneless ham, pesto and shredded parmesan cheese. Each of these items I get from Costco and then I come home, separate them and bag them up for later recipes. This recipe uses all three of those which makes for a simple meal from your freezer on a busy night. Login to Deals to Meals to find out where all of the other ingredients are on sale for the best deals.
- 1 lb. pasta of choice
- 1-2 cup boneless diced ham
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbs. parsley, chopped
- 2-3 Tbs. red onions, diced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup pesto (I like Costco's the best)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Balsamic Glaze (see past recipe)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta until tender and then drain and pour into a mixing bowl. Dice the ham into bite sized pieces. Slice the tomatoes in half. Chop the parsley. Dice the red onions.
- Once the pasta is cooked and in the bowl, stir the pesto and mayonnaise over the noodles until coated. Add to the pasta the diced ham, chopped parsley, sliced tomatoes and parmesan cheese. Toss to until combined. Drizzle the pasta with some of the balsamic glaze (optional) and serve.