I wanted to share with you one of my go-to recipes when I don’t have a lot of time but need to get a homemade dinner on the table.
The sky is the limit when smothering a baked potato in yummy goodness, but this is the way I grew up with and still love today. I love just about every vegetable you can think of on my potatoes. Add some shredded cheese and a drop of ranch dressing and you have a healthy, fresh, easy dinner your family is sure to love. Best part about it is everyone can create their own masterpiece with their favorite toppings, so everyone leaves happy. If kids are happy, mama is happy!
Login to Deals to Meals to find out where you can get all of the ingredients for this meal on sale at your local grocery store. Cheese, potatoes, frozen vegetables, tomatoes, eggs, sour cream, ranch dressing, and MUCH more are all on sale this week. This makes this meal well under $10, so give it a try today!
- 1 large russet potato per person
- Kidney beans, drained
- Broccoli, diced
- Shredded cheese
- Frozen peas, thawed
- Tomatoes, diced
- Hard boiled egg, peeled and chopped
- Meat of your choice (optional): crumbled bacon, cubed ham, etc.
- Ranch dressing or sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- Scrub the potatoes until clean. Poke with a fork and microwave (or bake) for 14-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender. Remove from the microwave or oven and cut a slice in the top of the potato. Open up the potato and top with your favorite toppings. Serve with sour cream or ranch dressing.