The other night I knew my family was in need of some ‘real’ food. I had some turkey thawing and I decided to throw together some burgers on the grill to keep the kitchen clean. These Blue Bacon Hawaiian Burger were extremely simple, and yet full of delicious flavor and texture. They were a huge hit for everyone and if you’re looking for an easy recipe for your upcoming bbq’s these burgers are great!
Best part about it is ALL of the ingredients you need are on sale this week: ground beef, canned pineapple, bbq sauce and buns. This meal is well under $10 for a family of 6. Login to Deals to Meals to see where all of the best 4th of July deals are located! Happy shopping and saving money!
- 2 lb. lean ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 onion, diced small
- 1/2 cup favorite bbq sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 Tbs. Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 can pineapple rings, drained
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Extra bbq sauce
- Hamburger buns
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until cooked through and crispy (or use precooked bacon for an easier option). Let the bacon drain on a paper towel until ready to serve.
- For the meat, dice the onion and place in a mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and combine together. Form the meat into 8 patties. Heat an out door grill to medium-high heat. Once the grill is hot, place the beef patties on the grill. Let the burgers cook until they get nice grill lines on the under side. Flip the burgers over and cook on the other side until all of them are no longer pink in the center and cooked through.
- Remove the meat and serve on a bun with a slice of pineapple, the strips of bacon, crumbled blue cheese and extra bbq sauce. You can also add lettuce and tomatoes if you wish, or just eat them this way with fewer ingredients. They are great both ways!