And of course, all of the ingredients are on sale again this week: shredded cheese, tortillas, chicken, jarred jalapeños and sour cream. Login to Deals to Meals to get all of the grocery deals to make this meal for well under $10. Enjoy friends!
Let the adventure begin! We closed on our land this week and now have the super fun job of getting four tons (literally) of wood concrete forms that were left on our lot. Lucky us! If any of you have some fun, DIY project that could use these wood forms, you are welcome to them!! Email me at email@example.com and I’ll let you know where you can pick these up for a really, really low price of NOTHING! 🙂
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2-1 cup pickled jalapeños peppers, with some of the juices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 10-15 burrito size flour tortillas
- Put the chicken breasts into a crock pot and season with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken on low heat for 4-6 hours, or until tender. Once the chicken is tender, remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred (leaving the extra broth in the pot). In a serving bowl, place the cream cheese and microwave for 30 seconds, or until able to mix with a spatula until creamy. Chop the jalapeno peppers into small pieces and add to the bowl. If it's too thick, add a little of the pepper juices to give more flavor and spice. Add the rest of the ingredients and the shredded chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a griddle to medium heat. Spray with non stick cooking spray or melt a little butter onto the griddle. Spread a generous portion of the chicken mixture onto the tortilla. Place a tortilla on the top and put it on the griddle.
- Cook both sides of the tortilla and heat until the cheese is melted and it's golden brown. Remove from the griddle and slice into pieces to serve. Garnish with chopped cilantro and/or more jalapeños.