Spring and summer are the two months of the year we have nearly every birthday from our crazy clan. Nearly every week for almost two months straight we have someones birthday we seem to be celebrating. I’ve now realized why it’s so hard for me to lose weight in the summer! Every time I turn around we are eating cake and ice cream and celebrating the special day of one of our cute family members. There have been many delicious cakes this year, but I have to say this Butter Pecan Caramel Poke Cake is a favorite.
Many of you have probably had the chocolate caramel version of this cake, but if you have a caramel, butter pecan fan, this is the cake for you! It is a buttery, moist cake, topped with caramel, whipped cream and toffee and pecan bits. I would take caramel over chocolate any day, so this cake is a perfect 10 for me! If you want a simple dessert recipe that will be a crowd pleaser for sure, this is the one for you! Hope you love 😉
- 1 box butter pecan cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 16-18 oz. caramel topping
- 16 oz. whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (or more if needed)
- 10 oz. toffee bits with chocolate
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Make the cake mix according to the box directions and pour into a sprayed 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until the center is no longer jiggly. Remove from the oven and immediately poke several holes with a fork or knife all over the top of the cake.
- Microwave the caramel topping jar for 30 seconds and stir. Drizzle the caramel over the cake while it's still warm. Put some saran wrap over the cake and place in the fridge until cooled. When ready to serve, whip the whipping cream in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until airy and stiff peaks. Add the powdered sugar to the whipping cream and beat another few seconds.
- Spread the whipped cream over the top of the cake. Top the cake with a bag of chopped toffee bits with chocolate (Heath Bits) and chopped pecans. Serve cold.