Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. ground nutmeg
- 1 t. ground cloves
- 1½ T. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1¼ cups vegetable oil (can use half applesauce to cut out some of the fat)
- ½ cup sugar
- 5 T. flour
- 1½ t. ground cinnamon
- 4 T. cold unsalted butter
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- For the filling, combine the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar in a medium bowl and mix well until blended and smooth. Spoon mixture into a ziplock bag, snip off a corner, and pipe 24 dollops of filling onto a parchment, foil, or wax paper lined cookie sheet. Freeze for a few hours, or overnight.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients and whisk to blend. In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree and oil. Mix on medium-low speed until blended. With the mixer on low speed, add in the dry ingredients, mixing just until incorporated.
- To make the topping, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add in the cut butter pieces and cut into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender or two forks until the mixture is coarse and crumbly.
- To assemble the muffins, fill each paper liner with a small amount of batter, just enough to cover the bottom of the liner (1-2 tablespoons). Place a frozen dollop of the cream cheese mixture into each muffin well. Divide the remaining batter among the muffin cups, placing on top of the cream cheese to cover completely. Sprinkle a small amount of the topping mixture over each of the muffins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool a bit before serving. Makes 24 muffins.
Deals to Meals https://www.dealstomealsblog.com/