There is something magical about cooking homemade cookies with those you love. Hope you love these as much as we do!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. maraschino cherry juice
- 1 capful almond extract
- 3 drops pink or red food coloring (optional)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- 12 oz. milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and powdered sugar until smooth. Add the salt, cherry juice, almond extract, flour and food coloring. Mix until creamed together and smooth. Add in the chocolate chips to the batter and mix.
- Place some parchment paper on the bottom of a cookie sheet. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon golf ball sized dough pieces on the cookie sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on top. Don't over cook the cookies or they will dry out. Slightly under done is better than over done. Remove them from the oven and let rest until cooled.