Since we are all probably a little turkey’d out, here is a fresh and new recipe to help shake up your meal plan this holiday! This recipe will be on our new meal planner tonight, but I wanted to give you a sneak peek since we all LOVED these burgers!!
When we were in New York a couple weeks ago we ate at a place called Griffon Gastro Pub in Niagara Falls (although it’s a ‘pub’ it felt more like a regular restaurant and would be kid friendly). Holy cow, this place was unreal good!! It was just the small town, hole in the wall, food joint I wanted to eat at while in New York. From the outside it looks like nothing exciting, but there menu was amazing! Todd and I ordered several things to share, and one of those was a Bacon Jam Burger. It is their most popular burger and had the components of sweet, salty and sour. It had a balsamic berry jam, thick slice of bacon, flavorful patty and a creamy garlic aeoli spread. We were in HEAVEN and loved every bite. I knew once I was home, I would want to recreate it. I decided to switch up the ‘berry jam’ with a cranberry compote that gave this burger a really fun flair. The creamy spread, thick bacon and meaty patty was everything I dreamed it would be! I can’t wait for you to give this gourmet burger a try. You’re going to love it!!
- 3 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 Tbs. Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-2 cups baby spinach
- 8 pkg. hamburger buns
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 orange, juiced and zested
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or garlic powder)
- Salt and pepper
- In a sauce pan, add the cranberry jam ingredients together and bring to a simmer. Let this mixture simmer until thick. With a potato masher, mash the berries to your liking.
- In a saute pan, place the bacon (optional) and cook until crispy. Remove from the pan and let the grease drain.
- For the burger, combine all of the ingredients together and mix well. Heat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Form the patties into thick burgers and place on the hot grill. Cook on both sides until beef is no longer pink in the center.
- While you're cooking the burgers, mix together the cream cheese, mayo, garlic and salt and pepper together. Once the burgers are cooked, place them on a hamburger bun, spread the bun with the garlic cream spread, spinach and cranberry jam. Top the burger with the bacon and serve.