Peanut Butter Brownie Cream Cheese Bars
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter chocolate chips (or mini peanut butter cups)
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- dash salt
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 Tbs. to 1/4 cup milk (as needed)
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Dash salt
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, add the brownie mix, oil, water and eggs together. Fold in the peanut butter chocolate chips and spread the batter into the 9x13 pan.
- Rinse out that same bowl and add the cream cheese ingredients into the bowl. With an electric mixer, mix together until smooth. Place large drops of the cream cheese mixture all over the brownie layer. With a knife, swirl the cheesecake layer into and around the brownie layer.
- Place in an oven that has been preheated to 350 degrees. Bake for 38-45 minutes, or until the center comes out clean with a knife (this time seemed to vary when I've made it. You don't want it gooey, but you also don't want it over baked. Take it out once you don't see the batter 'jiggle' any longer).
- While the brownie is baking, make the frosting. For the frosting, rinse out the cream cheese bowl and add the butter for the frosting. With an electric mixer, whisk until smooth and butter starts to turn white. Add the cocoa powder and beat until combined. Add a tablespoon of milk at a time as you add the powdered sugar. Add enough powdered sugar so frosting is thick enough to spread, but still soft. Add the vanilla and dash of salt and whip until fluffy.
- Once the brownie is cooked through, remove from the oven and let rest until just about cooled. Spread with the frosting and serve.
Deals to Meals https://www.dealstomealsblog.com/