With the New Year upcoming, it’s time to start planning ahead for some fun, festive, party foods for you. I wanted to share one of our families favorites we made this Christmas season that would be perfect for any holiday snacking needs.
Here’s my other favorite cheese ball recipe: Jalapeno Cheese Ball
- 3 (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced fine
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup Franks hot sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional for coating of the cheese ball)
- Crackers or chips, for serving
- In a mixing bowl, with a whisk, cream the cream cheese until smooth. Dice the celery, slice the green onions and prepare the other ingredients. Add the rest of the ingredients (but not the nuts) to the mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Place a large piece of saran wrap onto the counter. Sprinkle the center of the saran wrap with half of the chopped nuts. Scoop half of the cheese ball ingredients onto the center of the saran wrap. Use the saran wrap and the chopped nuts to surround the cheese ball while you form it into a circular shape. Wrap the cheese ball with the saran wrap and keep in the fridge until ready to serve. Do this with the other half of the ingredients and make the second cheese ball. Serve the cheese ball with crackers or chips.