Balsamic Chicken Pasta with Bacon and Spinach
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 8 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth, as needed
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 lb. pasta noodles
- 1-2 cup spinach leaves
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Fill a large pot half way with water. Put on a stove to heat until the water comes to a boil. Add the pasta, stir and season the water with salt. Let the pasta boil until tender and then drain when the pasta is soft.
- On a cutting board, dice the onions and slice the mushrooms. In a saute pan, heat to medium heat. Drizzle with olive oil. Add the onions into the oil and let them saute until tender. Add the mushroom slices to the onions and saute for a few minutes until soft. Remove the onions and mushrooms and set them aside. To the pan, add the bacon and cook until crispy. Once the bacon is crispy, remove it from the pan and place on a paper towel to drain. Drain the excess grease from the pan and then slice the chicken into thin strips. Heat the pan (with the extra bacon grease left in the pan) and place the chicken into the pan. Saute the chicken in the pan until golden brown. To the chicken, add the balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, fresh parsley, etc. Let the vinegar boil down for a few minutes until it begins to thicken. If you need some chicken broth, add that to the pan as well to loosen it up. Add the bacon crumbles, onions, mushroom slices, etc. to the pan to heat. Place the cooked pasta into a bowl. Add the sauce mixture to the pasta and toss. Add the spinach and toss to soften. Top the pasta with the shredded parmesan cheese and serve.
- *Serve over brown rice noodles for a gluten free option.
Deals to Meals https://www.dealstomealsblog.com/