Ellen Johnson from MyNovaVita is sharing a simple and healthy-ish treat for your kiddos. Such a great idea when you have a those bananas that you’re not sure the kids will eat. Dip them in chocolate and have them add some fun toppings and you’ll have a treat you might not want to share with anyone 😉
- 12 oz. favorite chocolate chips (white doesn't work so well)
- 6-8 bananas (mini bananas work best, or you can cut them in half
- Wood sticks or skewers
- Toppings of choice (chopped nuts, cookies, mini chocolate chips, favorite cereal, etc.)
- Peel the bananas and place them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place them in the freezer for 1-2 hours, or until they are cold.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, while stirring in between until the chocolate is smooth and melted. While the chocolate is melted, peel the bananas and cut the large ones in half. Place the wood skewer stick up the center of the banana about 2 inches. Dip the bananas in the chocolate and sprinkle the top with your favorite toppings. Place the bananas on parchment paper and put them in the freezer until ready to serve. Or, just serve right away.