If you are looking for a healthy option for your super bowl parties, these Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes have Game Day written all over them! Switch up your traditional sloppy joe recipes with a little kick of Frank’s Hot Sauce and a little dash of sweet brown sugar. Serve these sandwiches with some baked sweet potatoes and a yummy salad, and dinner is ready to go.
Remember to login to Deals to Meals to find all of the best deals at your local grocery stores. Remember, our 2018 Lowest Pricing ends tomorrow, so hurry and take advantage TODAY! Email us at email@example.com to get this special pricing for two more days. That’s a year membership for only $42! That’s only $3.50 a month for the year 2018. Now that’s a bargain! :)Buff
- 2 lbs. ground chicken (can make from chopping up chicken breasts in a food processor super fine) or you can use ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup Franks hot sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. garlic pepper
- 1-2 Tbs. brown sugar
- Hamburger Buns
- Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing (optional garnish)
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Dice the onion and celery into fine pieces. In a large saute pan, drizzle a little olive oil and add the onionmeat mixture s and celery. Saute until they are slightly tender. Add the ground chicken to the pan and with a wooden spoon, break up the chicken into small pieces. Once the meat is cooked, drain any excess moisture from the meat and discard. Add all of the seasons, the tomato sauce and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve the meat mixture onto the buns and garnish with a drizzle of ranch or blue cheese dressing, and crumbled blue cheese (optional). Serve.
- Serve the meat mixture as a lettuce wrap for a gluten free meal.