Mexican Spaghetti Squash Turkey Lasagna
- 20 oz. 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 packet fiesta ranch dip
- 5 cup cooked spaghetti squash
- 4-5 Tbs. egg whites (about 3 egg whites)
- 8 oz. or 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 16 oz. or 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 6 Tbs. parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 Tbs. egg beaters (or 2 eggs)
- 1 cup mexican style cheese blend, shredded
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the spaghetti squas in half and scrapte out the seeds and guts. Put both halves into a large ziploc bag 3/4 of the way zipped. Cook in the microwave for 8-9 minutes, or until tender and then set aside.
- In a saute pan, turn to medium-high heat and brown the ground turkey. Chop into small pieces.
- When the squash is cooked, remove from the microwave with hot pads and scrape out both halves into a bowl. Drain as much water from the squash as you can. Discard the squash skin. Add to the spaghetti squash the salt and pepper to taste. Let the squash cool and then add 4-5 Tbs. egg whites.
- Drain the turkey and add the fiesta ranch packet and marinara.
- In a separate bowl, stir together all of the cheese filling ingredients.
- Spray the bottom of a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. In the pan, place the spaghetti squash mixture along the bottom of the pan. Press down with a fork evenly over the pan. To the top, add the meat filling. Top the meat layer with the cheese. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes until bubbly. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Divide into 8 equal portions. Serves 8.
Deals to Meals https://www.dealstomealsblog.com/